Super easy recipe for a lazy weekend morning, especially if you like having something sweet for breakfast like I do… I try to resist reaching for the sugary cereals or for stacks of pancakes/bready items, because sometimes when I have an unhealthy breakfast, I’ll have unhealthy meals for the rest of the day. So this version of nice cream satisfies my craving and doesn’t make me want to reach for the unhealthy stuff right when I wake up!
2 frozen bananas
1-2 tbsp maple syrup (to taste)
1-3 tbsp almond milk (or other nut milk)
cinnamon or apple pie spice (or other spices if you’d like)
granola (you can either use store bought or homemade)
- Chop up some apples into 1/2 or 1/4 inch cubes and throw them into a pot on medium-high heat.
- Add 2 tbsp of milk and 1-2 tbsp of maple syrup.
- Let the apples soak up the liquid and heat until it becomes thicker. *If it’s too watery, pour out some of the almond milk*
- Again, once apples are thick and most of the liquid has evaporated, take off heat and add one more tbsp of maple syrup. Stir around.
- Pour apples into a container and let apples cool in freezer for about 5 minutes (or in fridge for about 10-20 minutes).
- Right before you take out the apples, blend bananas in a blender with a splash of almond milk until the consistency of soft serve.
- Take out the apples, and now serve your banana nice cream into your bowl or cup and top off with the apples and granola.
That’s it! Very simple, easy, and delicious! Good for a snack or breakfast.